Becoming a Member
Becoming a member of FSIX is 100% free, with no recurring costs. You pay by joining the IX and exchange your traffic with other networks, thats it. When you join FSIX you will receive:
- A free 1G/10G Port at one of our POPs
- Access to our peering VLAN where you peer with other members
- Access to our redundant Route Servers
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to join FSIX today!
By becoming a member of FSIX you agree to that:
- You want to join the IX for the purpose of exchanging data-traffic with other networks.
- You have atleast one /24 IPv4-prefix and one /48 IPv6-prefix with your own AS-number (non-private)
- You provide valid information when registering
- That your details used in the registration may be published on this site
- Only use your own addresses and never perform any spoofing
- You do not advertise FSIX address space to any other network.
- That you conform to our technical terms below
- That you will respect all members and partners and use FSIX with care
Technical termsFSIX currently offers the following type of physical connections to our IX:
- 1G/10G SFP/SFP+
- 100/1000M RJ45
- 40G QSFP+
Ethertypes and MAC addressesThere should only be one MAC address per port connected to our peering LAN. The following Ethernet frame types are expected (only):
- 0x0800 (IPv4)
- 0x0806 (ARP)
- 0x86dd (IPv6)
Features like ProxyARP, Spanning-tree, IGMP, CDP, LLCP, IPX, IPv6 RA etc are not allowed and should be disabled.